Followers

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Recarnation

I was contemplating before starting my evening run, the weather was extremely hot. with the thick and heavy KDSI T-shirt, it'll definitely make a good heat training! to make things worse, I had my maroon nylon track bottom on. 10.4km run completed in 49 minutes. 

I walked to the stadium, bumped into the RMN track athletes. One Leftenan Commander called me, and I ran to him, stopped and saluted him. He asked if I wanna join the RMN team. 
"what is the time for 10k and 5k sir?", I asked.
"32 and 15, what is your time?" he said
"Errmm... my 10k is 38 on road sir. I haven't been running track for a long time" I said
"Whatt??!! 38 mins is my time"

Imagine a late 30s officer telling u he runs same speed as u.

I really felt useless at that time =p 
Incidents happening lately made me feel like my life has just started from zero.
I started triathlon from running, and my teacher looked down on me just like what happened this evening. I joined the polo team and was ignored the entire year, this time in the Navy, the special force chased me away from their "territory". I had no money to buy bike, and started cycling late. Now I couldn't bring my bike here and will surely train for cycling relatively late compare to the other 2 disciplines.

I feel reincarnated, stronger and bolder.
I'm gonna dig deep this time to go faster.

3 comments:

Annie Yee said...

Don't worry. You are definitely can improve more!

Unknown said...

Oh.. speed lari dekat jalan dgn lari dkt track pun ada beza eh? baru tau :)

Henry Wong said...

You are lucky to be in the dream land to train ...