Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 2: Understanding Civilians


THE ROAD NOT TAKEN
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I took the one less traveled by - Joining military

Day 2, I'm trying my level best to observe and analyze how the civilians behave.
as the poem says, "i took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.
short 10 weeks allows me to walk the road that i didn't choose- be a civilian

Jamie brought me out for breakfast with shue kang, and we passed by this place. probably is Amos' new home with the drug addicts.
view from my room, a medium size swimming pool.
did 30mins swim, i'm now more a submarine than a speed boat.
i was running at maximum pace of 10, at incline 10 for 12 minutes.
my mission, defeat the treadmill in 4 weeks' time.
Jamie brought me for lunch at the yam rice restaurant.
she insisted me to stop using GPS as i wouldn't be able to recognize roads.
my character today, is partially built by her since the past 5 years.
it all started with "everyone deserves a smile from u"

During my RMC days, the chicken they serve are all bone bigger than meat. that's why we're always like hungry piranha, attack anything edible especially when visitors come. it's part of the training, be a good survivor.
but Jamie was looking for chicken with Bone Bigger Than Meat.
at Econsave...
been taking all sorts of critiques from Jamie=p i'm taking it very positively. by the way, she always talks to me this way. trying to thumb me down, but always fail=p
"i hate yr military tone, i'll report to yr dad u wear shorts, stop dragging yr feet bla bla bla..."
she jokingly said that to me coz we are close friends, please don't misinterpret.

had a long chat till 3am with my landlord last night, they seem to be interested with my life in the military. my observation for today, civilians will never understand military but military can adapt to civilian life. it takes all in u to be a military man, but u need nothing to be a civilian. civilians are more creative and open minded, and the best part is their freedom of speech.

to be an officer
during trainings, we want our squad to be competitive. we don't help them to carry logs and magazine case or backpacks as long as they're still breathing. we want them to push themselves to the limit. we COMMAND and LEAD!
to be a gentleman
when u see friends especially girls carrying heavy stuff, you're supposed to offer help.
just like how Jamie helped to carry my stuff up to my room yesterday.
civilians have more EMPATHY and COMPASSION.

Commandant always say "we train u to be an officer and a gentleman".
both are totally contrast, making me confuse...

for the time being, i'm more on "to be an officer" than "to be a gentleman".
I'll try to master both, will be a good self enrichment program=)

tonight i shall shine my boots before 2359H. will lights off early and tomorrow morning report to Malakoff.

No comments: